Search

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Compsognathus, Allosaurus, Baryonyx .......






We were traveling to Cardiff the other day and the kids were pretending we were being chased by dinosaurs. So I asked Ross what dinosaurs were chasing us, fully expecting the usual run of common dino names!! T rex, triceratops etc etc .. you know the ones everyone knows! Well, my dear son came up with some names that I couldn't believe, let alone pronounce - Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Compsognathus and so on and so on. The one name is so long that I won't even attempt to spell it. He not only knows their names but also their characteristics as well! His favourite bedtime story is a dinosaur encyclopedia from which we read about a different dinosaur every night.

On Saturday, Paul played his last home game of professional football so we all went along for moral support. The children were match mascots which made the day even more memorable for "daddy" who is finding this "end of an era" rather emotional and sad. I hope we helped to make his day a special one!!

Today, my baby is 1!! I really can't believe how fast this last year has passed. He had loads of help this morning to open his pressies and then watched while Ross and Madison promptly played with them for him! Poor Geth! He's meant to be having a routine injection today at the baby clinic but I just can't bring myself to take him on his birthday so I think we'll postpone it till next week. He's having a nap at the moment and when he wakes we might take a walk to the park and then later this evening we'll be taking Ross to his first swimming lesson. Maybe, if we're allowed Paul and I will have a fun swim with Gethin and Maddy while we wait for Ross.
The official celebrations are on Saturday when Ross and Gethin are having their party so I'll be able to post lots more birthday pics next week.
xxx

No comments: