Search

Monday 16 February 2009

Half term, bad service and move progress!!!




Hmmmm! Where shall I begin?
Is it just me or is customer service a thing of the past? I know I'm sounding like an old lady but we've had some rather serious customer service offences in the past few weeks. I will spare you all the boring details but you would think that in this day and age of "recession" everywhere you turn, that companies would try a little harder to keep their customers happy! 1st it was Toys R Us and then Ebookers and now Opodo!! There we go - named and shamed! If you'd like to hear the long version I will be more than happy to regail you with my horror stories.
Ok, rant over. This week is half term so school's out. A week off is just perfect as you don't have to get up and ready in the mornings but its also not quite long enough for me to go mad and bankrupt keeping the children entertained all week. My children, however, have better social lives than me and have 3 play dates organised already! The bonus is that I get to tag along and drink coffee and chat while they play. Ever wondered what "moms" chat about while their kids play? I'll tell you next week!
Challenge news: another successful week for both Kerry and I. I was a bit slower this week and only finished my layout this afternoon. Cutting it a bit fine! I did, however, have another craft activity that needed completing last week as well. Maddy had a home task from school - she had to make a weather mobile! Not sure why they call it a kids home task as its actually a "lets see what your mom can do" task. I think the teachers just do it to get some fresh, new ideas! Anyway, we had a joint effort in our family with Maddy and Ross painting and mom putting it all together with a few finishing touches. I had a sneaky peek at the other ones hanging up in her class and "ours" was definitely the BEST!
Gethin, not to be outdone, has some rather sweet achievements of his own! He can wave and do the actions to his favourite song - Clap Handies. The actions being clapping and raising his hands for "so BIG". Its too cute and I will attempt to capture it on camera tomorrow!
Move progress: The tickets are really and truly booked! They were booked and then unbooked a few weeks ago, thanks to bad service from Ebookers. On Sunday we found a more suitable and trustworthy travel website and they are now officially booked. We will be leaving British shores on the 3rd of September and be arriving on warm, sunny Australian shores the next day. Paul thought he was being very romantic when he informed me that we would be spending our 10th Wedding Anniversary in transit for 7 hours in Hong Kong Int. Airport! At first, I couldn't see the romance in this gesture until I looked on the airport website and discovered all the lovely shops and restaurants they have there. So while he runs after our 3 lovely children for 7 hours I'll be shopping up a storm - very romantic!! I can't wait.

No comments: