Search

Sunday 7 December 2008

Busy week ahead!!!


Its been another crisp and cold weekend. The days are sunny and wonderfully clear but boy oh boy is it cold! - .5 degrees in my car on the way home from Church tonight.
We don't usually go to Church in the evenings because of the children but tonight they had a Carol service and I had been asked to read the part of Mary for the story of Christ's birth. I was quite nervous as I haven't done anything like this since school! Luckily it was reading so I didn't have to memorise anything or do any acting and after all is said and done I think I did quite well! I even had a phone call from one of the deacons to say how wonderful my "reading" was.
All is quiet at home now - the kids are in bed and Paul is out at a football function. I'm recharging my batteries for the busy week ahead. I'll tell you now what we're doing as I don't think there'll be many updates this week. Tomorrow is Maddy's dress rehearsal for her Christmas concert. Tuesday is Tumble Tots. Wednesday is Maddy's actual concert. Thursday is Ross' Christmas concert and Paul is having a knee op. Friday I will probably be looking after patient Paul and the rest of the kiddies plus trying to squeeze in some Christmas shopping. Saturday is a birthday party, Sunday School concert practise and Church Christmas Dinner. And last but not least on Sunday we have the Sunday School concert. Phew!!! By then I will be all concerted out! I'm sure the kids will be too.
I like it though - it makes me feel quite festive!
Yay - only 14 more sleeps till my parents arrive. I hope they're getting plenty of rest in the next 2 weeks as these grandchildren will have them exhausted after 3 weeks!!!

1 comment:

kikimama said...

That is such a cute photo!