Search

Thursday 18 December 2008

What did I do before?????


Sometimes I sit and wonder what I actually did with my time before I had kids. And especially when I lived in SA and didn't have to clean my own house or have any kids! Crikey - I must have been at a loss over what to do with my spare time, that's for sure.
The other day, Paul kindly mentioned that I don't tidy up as well as I used to!!!! Laughable really. HA HA! On Monday I think he got to see why. He was still home from work recovering from his op and this is what he saw! We get up in the morning and start getting Ross ready for school. In between that I have to deal with Madison and Gethin. Then we take Ross to school and return home. That's when I relax on the couch with a cup of coffee and watch tv all day! NOT!
That's when the fun begins as I try to keep the house tidy whilst attending to two small children. Some days he's lucky to have clean clothes and supper cooked when he gets in. I just start cleaning or doing something when one of my precious little ones needs or wants something. Believe me, its no fun having to stop start chores all day. I'd love to be able to start doing what I need to do and be uninterrupted until they're all done!
There we go, enough said! I'll get off my soap box now!
That said, we are having operation clean up this week in anticipation of the arrival of my parents on Sunday night. So far, I'm on track. Little bits, every day is how it will get done. Yesterday was a rest day as Maddy had her Christmas party at school. They had a Father Christmas come in and give the children little presents. I wasn't sure how she'd be with him and was waiting for her to start crying. But she was very brave and went up to get her present.
Then it was back home where I left Maddy and Gethin in the capable hands of their dad while I went for lunch with some of my friends - other mums from Ross' school. It was so nice to sit in a restaurant and eat peacefully without having to worry about anybody else. Gethin was very good while I was gone and only allowed his Dad a 10 minute break for a short nap!!! I think Paul has gotten the point now!

No comments: